Tuesday 6 March 2012

Fairy Fantasy.

HI guys I wanted to show you a little fantasy make up look that I did the other day. I like to think that this look is a little fairy like or elfin because it's quite soft and whimsical but a little playful at the same time.


I wanted to use both conventional make up and face paint in this look to show that face paint is not just for kids and it can look amazing when coupled with your normal make up. Don't get me wrong I am under no illusion that this would be classed as a wearable look but if you wanted to do something different for fancy dress or a festival I think this would be a really nice option.

I have also included a picture of the look in action below. As you can see this look was designed for a specific photo shoot in mind and I really like it. I would say my most favourite part of the make up are the eye lashes. They were black on the top and gold underneath and when I put them on the effect of the gold in between two layers of black looked amazing. 


 

My model Jenny was amazing as always although she did mention on the day that I reminded her of her cousin, which I thought was a lovely comment until the next words out of her mouth were “you remind me of my cousin, she's 30”........... 30 Jenny!! A person can go off a person you know ;0) 
 
By the way this is not a slight at those 30 somethings out there because I'm nearly there my self but 28 is not 30 Jenny! Ah the youth of today.......


So here's a quick run down of the products I used:

Foundation: Graftobian HD in Graceful Swan and Ingenue mixed
Powder: Elf HD, MAC phloof dusted all over the face, apart from round the eyes to give the skin a shimmery effect.
Cheeks: NYX medium brown matt (contour), NYX Angel, Peach and a bright pink with no name (blusher) I built up the colour on the cheeks using the palest blusher first and then I added more intense colour to the apples of the cheeks. MAC Phloof (highlight)
Lips: MAC LipGelee in Sin-tillation and Straight to the head, NYX lip liner Dolly Pink and Coral
Eyes: Snazaroo Face Paint in Metallic Gold on the eyelid and out to the temple,Stargazer eye dust Gold, Fardel Fluid Make up Gold for the swirls and liner, Avon Supershock gel eyeliner Black, Clinique High Impact mascara Black, MAC Phloof (highlight), Revlon Runway lashes 91214 Gold Saturn

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment