Sunday 10 June 2012

I Heart Lip Balms.


Hi guys today I want to share with you a few of my favourite lip balms. As you all know by now I am a lip product girl and if there was one thing I could not live without it would be lip balm!

Because this obsession has been going on since as long as I can remember I have tried, erm …... lets just say 'a very lot' of different lip balms and in my mind these three are some of the best in the business.




I am always on the look out for new lip balms but I have to say I am quite picky and have a few requirements that any new lip balm has to meet. First of all I do not use a white lip balm. You know the type, they usually come as a twist up stick and look like they are from the 90s (dare I say Chapstick). These lip balms are normally rock hard and leave a white film across your lips that gathers in the corners of your mouth *yuck. I also don't normally go for an oil based lip balm, I'm talking lip balms with a roller ball top and liquid consistency. This is just because they do not moisturise my lips at all, they actually tend to make them dryer. As well as these I generally like my lip balms to do that little bit extra, be it sun protection, plumping, smoothing etc, something that makes them special.




So the first lip balm in my trio of favourites is Figs and Rouge Balm in Cherry and Vanilla. This is a newbie and was first discovered in My first ever Glossybox. Now this is not something I would normally have tried and I would have missed out on if not for the utter geniusness of Glossybox! Figs and Rouge pride themselves on making this 100% organic, natural skin care product. They state that this balm is not just for lips, it can be used on any dry skin; cuticles, heels, elbows, hands, even in your hair to tame flyaways and create texture and shine (I have not tried it like this as my hair is prone to oiliness resembling a chip pan). The balm's consistency is quite soft in the pot and once on the lips does sway a little towards the oily side as opposed to creamy, which as you know is normally a no, no in my book, but it is in fact really hydrating. I was really surprised by this product and the more I use it the more I love it. It feels amazing on the lips (the cherry and vanilla one tingles). I love the fact that it is multi-use (less things to carry around). The packaging is adorable (it's all about the presentation for me). It's affordable and readily available (about £5 from Boots, ASOS, Urban Outfitters etc). It smells divine and it comes in lots of different flavours (and I want them all!).




Next on the list is Lush Lip Balm in Whipstick. This lip balm was delivered to me by way of the M-I-L in the form of a birthday present. I know this will surprise you, because it even surprises me, but I hadn't tried any lip balms from Lush before this, I was a Lush lip balm virgin! As you know Lush try to use as many fresh and organic ingredients as possible, as well as being environmentally aware and massively customer focused. As you can see their lip balms also come in a pot but unlike the Figs and Rouge balm this is quite hard in the pot and more of a creamy consistency on the lips. Whipstick is brown in colour and does tint my pale lips slightly, however this is not an issue for me because this is my bed time lip balm (I slap it on at night and wake up in the morning with beautifully moisturised kissers). Lush also do a number of flavours to choose from in their lip balm range, as well as lip scrubs and lip tints and prices are around £5-£6, so there is a little something for everyone.




Last but by no means least is my all time favourite lip balm. I use this every single day ( I misplaced it the other week and hubby had to embark on a full scale man hunt to find it while I curled up on the sofa and contemplated suicide, it had been lost for 2 days!). This is Avon's Anew Beauty Lip Plumping Lip Conditioner. You may be feeling a bit of deja vu right now and you would be correct, I have indeed mentioned this little beauty before in my Anew Lips by Avon post. This product is so good that I have written about it twice (like New York, New York. So good they named it twice. No?). This product is 'totes amaze', 'amazeballs', 'OMG this product is defo totes amazeballs' psml. Check me out! This sentence has made me totally 10 years younger, and then I realise the word 'totally' was probably last deemed cool in the film Clueless thus adding my 10 years back on ;0) Anywho this product is honestly amazing. It looks just like a lipstick in the quite chic packaging, but with all the benefits of a lip balm. It's hydrating, plumping and I would say anti-ageing (due to the Collagen renewing Retinol). It has SPF15 hurrah! And most importantly for me, it really, really works! You can buy this online from the Avon website or from one of their representatives. This product is slightly more expensive than the others at £9 if you buy it at full price, but as anyone who is anyone knows, everything comes on offer at some stage at Avon and I wait until it's half price and buy a few.

Well guys I hope you have enjoyed this post and if anyone has any recommendations for lip balms I would love to hear them, I am always on the look out for new favourites.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment