Monday 23 April 2012

Sunday make-up and nail inspiration.

Hi guys so the weekend for me was spent pampering my self and eating nice food. On Saturday I literally spent all day in my pyjamas, having a late twenties crises and trying to cheer my self up by pretending I’m still young enough to one day be Carrie Bradshaw (well blogging is like writing articles for Vogue… right?). However the day was not completely wasted, I did manager to paint my nails and I was quite impressed with the results. 




I used Nails Inc A and E base coat for the base. 2 Coats of Avon Arabian Glow Speed Dry nail polish in Coral Sands for the base colour. For the blue tips I used Ruby and Millie nail colour in Blue 61OC and then Nails Inc nail colour in Haymarket. To finish I used OPI RapidDry top coat (my fave, it gives the most amazing shine!)




Below I have included a pic of the inspiration for this nail look. 




This was from the ASOS magazine May 2012 and the nails were designed by Anatole Rainey. I really loved the look of these, I thought they were really summery and I needed a summer injection. As you can see mine didn’t turn out quite the same as Anatole’s but I like mine non the less. I did follow the instructions in the magazine on how to attempt the tips.

“use as little polish on the brush as possible and drag towards the middle”.

This is what made the shattered effect. Also as you can see I went without the bird. I did do one, but I decided as mine had turned out more like 80s paint splatter than wistful clouds the bird didn’t really work anymore.  

After my day wallowing in doors on Saturday, on Sunday we ramped it up and went out for a meal. And what combines naturally to me with going out for food is dressing nice and doing my make-up.  

So here it is. 



I went for understated with a hint of colour. I didn’t want to go too crazy as we were going to do a little shopping first and then going to eat at a pub. A really nice pub, quite posh, not the local working men’s club or anything (although I am partial to a bit of pie and pea’s in the workies on occasion).

Products I used:

Bare Minerals Original foundation in Fair.
Dior Skinflash 002 – under eye concealer.
MAC blusher in Style – all over the cheeks.
Bare Minerals blusher in Kiss – on the apples of the cheeks.
MUA Poptastic Eyeshadow Palette – I used the gold all over the eye lid.
Illamasqua Precision Ink in Havoc – the eye liner.
Urban Decay 24/7 eye liner in Perversion – tightline.
MAC prep+prime Lash.
Lancome Hypnose volume mascara Black.
Maxfactor False Lash Effect mascara Black/Brown.
MAC Eye Browns in Spiked.
Collection 2000 Colour Lash in Clear 11 – taming the brows.

I really wanted to wear heels yesterday as well but it was raining on and off and going to town before the meal put me off that idea. Instead I want for skinny black cords, black and tan shirt, cardigan and some boot brogues.  


I hope you all had a lovely weekend and managed to get out of the house and do something nice.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment