Monday 6 February 2012

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencils and Amsterdam

Hay guys first of all Happy Snow Day!!! It has in fact snowed in certain areas of the UK today and as I am writing this I am travelling down a white M62 on my way home from Amsterdam. Me, hubby and the rents have enjoyed a mini cruise to the city if sin for the weekend and surprisingly enough it had snowed there as well. I don’t know what it is about the UK but when we have a little flurry of the white stuff everything comes to a standstill, unlike our Dutch cousins who were still riding around on their peddle bikes and being generally lovely people.  

Now just for the record, while in Amsterdam I did not partake in any Space: cakes, cookies, brownies, porridge, burger, or any other delicacy involving any contraband substances. However I may have taken a peek in a few lady windows................................ well you have to do some touristy things ;0)
And even with all the eye popping distractions that Amsterdam has to offer I still managed a make up look and a new product review for you guys, I know, ever the professional! So for this look I wanted something quite natural as it was day time. I also wanted something that would last all day with minimal touch ups and something with SPF in it, as although it was -5 the sun was out in force.

And here it is.



Products.

Base: Bare Minerals Foundation in Fair, Mineral Veil
Cheeks: MAC Phloof (highlight), Bare Minerals Warmth (contour), MAC Style (blusher)
Eyes: MAC Phloof (brow highlight), Urban Decay 24/7 Radium (eye liner), MAC spiked (brow colour), Collection 2000 Colour Lash Clear (brow set), MAC Prep and prime (lash primer), Max Factor False Lash Effect Black/Brown (mascara)
Lips: Avon Lip Plump (balm), Sleek Pout Polish Electro Peach (colour)
Nails: Nails Inc Baker Street
Brushes: MAC 224, Bare Mineral Kabuki and Flawless Face brush, and the blusher brush looks like an old Avon one but who knows. 

 


As you can see from the picture my hair is now a pinky/purple colour. I do like to change things up a little from time to time. 

Now to the review and we have the wonderful M-I-L to thank for this one as she kindly bought these for my birthday. So for those of you that don't know, on ship they usually have a duty free shop selling the usual, perfumes, cosmetics, alcohol ect and this where my Urban Decay eye liners came from. I was quite surprised to see Urban Decay in duty free as I have have never seen it in any others before, but there it was. There was only a small selection and I am not even sure that they were any cheaper than on the hight street (these were £17.50), but what I did notice was that they stocked a few products that I haven't seen before, these being one of them.




Urban Decay 24/7 travel size Electric eye liner includes 5 different colours:

Perversion - Black
Ransom - Purple
Woodstock - Pink
Radium - Blue
Junkie - Green



and profess "cream, skip-proof, waterproof" goodness from these little beauties and I have to admit, they are not wrong! I wore Radium on my upper lids for about 12hrs with no smudging, no movement and no transfer of colour. It glided on in one swipe with fantastic colour pay off so there was no need to go over any area. This eyeliner wasnt cakey, nor did it peel or flake over time. And it came off just as easy as it went on with an oil free make up remover leaving no residue. I have only swatched the rest of the colours so I cant speak for all at the moment but from what I have seen I'm really excited to play with the rest to see if they live up to Radium's high standards. 

Has anyone else tried these eye pencils? What do you guys think of them? 

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment