Sunday 23 October 2011

Natural Make-up and Bright Lip.

Hay guys so I wanted to show you a few pictures of a photo shoot that I did in August with the fantastic Michelle Shread Photography, and 3 of the most gorgeous girls I have ever seen.

This was a Saturday filled with much fun, pouting and girly giggles, which mainly came from me lol.

What I wanted to achieve on the day was 2 looks. One a completely clean, natural, no make-up look and the other a bright lip look. Now these lovely ladies have all got youth on their side, they are only 15 years old, but with youth also come responsibility for my self and the photographer. What we didn't want to do was make these ladies look older than their years, so both the make-up and photography were carefully selected with this in mind.

You will see that the 3 ladies pictured below are all completely different skin tones, hair and eye colours, which was amazing. It is the first time I have worked on a group shoot with so much diversity. I was constantly in awe of features, skin tone and texture all day. Every time a different girl sat down I was full to the brim with complements for them all over again. It was amazing, I loved it!


Products used

Primer: Smashbox Photo finish light
Eye base: Too Faced shadow insurance
Foundation: Graftobian HD
Powder: Elf HD
Eyes: Rimmel Colour Mousse 8hr 008 Sassy, MAC Phloof, Maybelline Great Lash blackest black mascara.
Cheeks: MAC Phloof (highlight), NYX blusher Peach, NYX light brown (contour) *sorry some of my contour and blushers come from a NYX pallet which didn't name them.
Lips: Carmex Classic lip balm, Sleek Tinted Lip Colour Electro Peach.



And for the bright lip I just added OCC Lip Tar Beta. 


 

Products used

Primer: Smashbox Photo finish light
Eye base: Too Faced shadow insurance
Foundation: Graftobian HD
Powder: Elf HD
Eyes: Rimmel Colour Mousse 8hr 006 Get Fresh, MAC Phloof, Maybelline Great Lash blackest black mascara.
Cheeks: MAC Phloof (highlight), NYX Sliky Rose, NYX medium brown (contour).
Lips: Carmex Classic lip balm, Sleek Tinted Lip Colour Bare Minimum.



And for the bright lip I just added OCC Lip Tar Anime.




Products used

Primer: Smashbox Photo finish light
Eye base: Too Faced shadow insurance
Foundation: Graftobian HD
Powder: Elf HD
Eyes: Rimmel Colour Mousse 8hr 005 Glitz, MAC Phloof, Maybelline Great Lash blackest black mascara.
Cheeks: MAC Phloof (highlight), NYX blusher medium red brown with a shimmer *from the pallet, NYX dark brown (contour).
Lips: Carmex Classic lip balm, Sleek Tinted Lip Colour Bare Minimum.



And for the bright lip I just added Sleek Pout Paint 163 Peek-a-boo.

This is the first time I have used the Sleek Pout Paint and you can see that it is not quite as opaque as the OCC Lip Tars. Also Michelle the photographer did say that this colour needed quite a lot of boosting to make it bright enough in the picture. Now as it is the first time of using this product it could have just been the difference in natural lip colour that had an effect on the shade and transparency. I did try OCC Lip Tar in Traffic first which is a bright yellow and that left the lips looking very patchy. Also the Sleek Pout Paint looked whole and bright in real life so I may give it another try before it is relegated to the depths of my kit bag.

For the last picture I thought we would ramp up the fun a little, as if it wasn't fun enough, and we went all out with some glitter lips. Everybody loves a bit of glitter, don't they? 

 

On the orange lips I used NYX Glitter Mania in Hot Gold. On the pink lips I used Glitter Dust (no make) in Purple. And on the blue I used The Body Shop Sparkle Rollerball which is a white glitter with iridescent sparkles.

So guys I hope you have enjoyed this post. I'm working on some Christmas looks at the moment so stay posted for those.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment