Sunday 23 September 2012

Glitter Nails – A mixed bag.

Hay guys I'm still here, in case you were wondering. Unfortunately the posts are going to be a bit thin on the ground, for the next few weeks at least, because I am a little caught up in my new/old venture. I am designing a new blog at the moment. The idea came to me about a month back, whilst thoroughly engrossed in a couple of lifestyle blogs I thought “wouldn't it be great to share with you guys, and the world, a bit more of me?”. And thus the idea was formed. A lifestyle blog, still massively focused on all things beauty, but with a smidging of fashion, a smattering of fun and frolics and a whole dose of 'Life' as we know it. However don't despair, I will be giving you a fair amount of warning before pulling the plug on Nourish all together. There will be plenty of time for you all to scoot over to the newbie and I promise you wont miss a thing in the process.

Now I couldn't leave this post without anything beauty related so I thought I would show you my glitter nails. Oh glitter, how I love you! 


 (China Glaze - 842 Snow Globe, Nails Inc Special Effects - Glastonbury, China Glaze - 885 Mistletoe Kisses)


As you can see I went for kind of a mixed bag of glitter this time. We have greens, purple, gold and a bit of iridescent sparkle thrown in for good measure. I also used a new technique this time called Sponging. There are lots of variations of this technique (maybe that's a another blog post right there) but I used the most basic, which was literally taking a piece of sponge, dabbing it in nail polish and dabbing it on the nail. I used this technique to graduate the green up from the tip and blend it in a little. I have to apologise if you can't see the effect clearly, glitter is a nightmare to photograph. But believe me when i say, it really does look lovely in real life. 
  
 


So nice and quick and simple today and I will see you all as soon as I can.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment