Wednesday 15 August 2012

Glossybox July 2012 - Beauty

Hi guys, so it's been a while...............................I didn't quite understand the work and stress that goes in to buying your own house. Put it this way I wont be doing it again in a hurry! It has taken so long to get everything sorted, especially my internet. It was off for over 3 weeks! That was no Facebook, Twitter, internet shopping, and your good selves for 3 whole weeks! It was like a life time. I can normally just about manage a week on holiday and that's because I have sun shine and new shops to keep me occupied.

So what have I been up to while I have been in the social networking dark ages? I have been to a beautiful wedding (where I did the make-up), I have tried many products from a few Glossyboxes, I have received some amazing headbands, and spent a good amount of time thinking about a make-up station for my spare room (that is still a work in progress).

So what shall I begin with? Well lets stick with the title and go with the July 2012 Glossybox.

I am still absolutely smitten with my Glossyboxes. I still get very excited when one arrives and I still think it's fantastic value for money. July's Glossybox actually has one specific hero product in it and that is the HD Brows Eye and Brow Palette which retails at £19.95. So that means if you had received this box for £12.95, you would have got a 20 quid brow palette and 4 other products to try! Wowsers is all I can say to that.


HD Brows Eye and Brow Palette.




You must have an inkling by now that I am a little bit in love with this product. This is a brow compact that comes with 4 brow shades and a mini brush. The colours in this palette are so diverse that they suit most brow shades (a make-up artists dream!), and they are really smooth to work with. However, the brush I am not so keen on. It works ok but it's not a patch my MAC 266 brush. So is this product worth it's £19.95 price tag? Hell Yes!


Elizabeth Arden: Visible Difference Skin Balancing Lotion SPF15.





I am already a fan of Elizabeth Arden products having used a few of their moisturisers in the past. So I was very happy to find another of their moisturisers in my Glossybox. I actually received a small tube of this and a sachet, which has lasted me about 5 days so far. I have to admit that the first time I tried this moisturiser I thought it left my skin feeling a little sticky. But I persevered and now it think it is quite lovely. It is really moisturising but not like an oil slick, and leaves my skin feeling plumped. Would I buy it for a whopping £32.00? Erm...No. Not because this product isn't nice, just because it's not £32.00 worth of nice (in my opinion of course).


Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics: Lip Frosting.




I'm sorry to say this but I really didn't like this product, not one iota. It smelt so sickly sweet I feel just the scent could make you teeth rot. The texture was a little gloopy and oily. And the colour (a normal shimmery pink) looked horrendous on my lips (and I have a lot of different lip colours in my personal make-up bag, some not too dissimilar to this). This product honestly made me feel like I was using some kind of child's make-up. It did not make me happy at all *sad face*.


Clynol Salon Exclusive: Enrich Colour Shampoo and Monu: Golden Glow.





Ok so there always has to be something that I haven't tried in my box but this time there are two things. The shampoo is something I would normally use (who doesn't use shampoo) and is actually being saved for my holidays. However the Monu fake tan is something that I will never use. I am just not a tan girl. I prefer to be pale and interesting (and I am too lazy to tan up lol).


So this box had 1 product I didn't like at all, 1 product that I am probably never going to use, and 1 product I wont be spending my hard earned cash on. But low and behold, after all that I still think Glossybox is amazing! Must be good ay?


If you fancy giving Glossybox a try click the link below to find out what all the fuss is about. 
http://www.glossybox.co.uk/invitation/NzI1MjA=?utm_source=Customers&utm_medium=link&utm_term=NzI1MjA=&utm_campaign=Refer-a-friend/ 

See you soon.

Stacey x x

No comments:

Post a Comment